Training from the BACK of the room
Take your training skills to a more advanced level with this 2-day, globally acclaimed and interactive, train-the-trainer course. Discover how the human brain really learns, which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. Explore the most current “cognitive neuroscience” about effective instruction – how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, two-day training program, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. You’ll use the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – to create a training plan specific to a topic you already teach.
What you will learn?
- All the brain-based, interactive strategies that you’ll experience during the class are content-independent, meaning that you can use them with any subject or topic.
- All the learning activities that you’ll collect during the class are from 1- to 5-minutes in length, which means that they’re really easy to insert into any class or training program. You’ll create your own trainer’s tool bag full of these short, quick learning strategies
- You’ll experience everything you’ll be learning about, including six major brain-science principles that make learner-centred, brain-based instruction so successful and exciting.
- You’ll design one of your own classes or training programs, using your own topic, your trainer’s toolbag strategies, and the instructional design model called “The 4Cs Map”. And you’ll receive peer feedback during the class to help you polish what you’ve designed.
- You’ll leave with an awesome collection of resources: 2 books and 1 workbook; a trainer’s tool bag full of activities you can use immediately; 6 brain-science principles, the 4Cs Map; innovative and interactive ways to use PowerPoint; fun learning aids; and dozens of other digital resources to enhance your own teaching and training skills.
Class Learning Objectives
After participating in this informative and interactive program, you will be able to:
- Explain and define the most current brain science about human learning – information that is directly applicable to all instruction, whether in classrooms, one-on-one, or computer-based
- Apply “The Six Trumps” – six learning principles based on brain science that will significantly enhance learning and retention, regardless of the content being taught
- Recognize these six learning principles in action
- Use these principles in any learning environment: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small and large group instruction
- Combine brain science and technology and enhance learning by using both in creative, collaborative ways
- Access new resources that will expand your knowledge of the most current brain science about human learning
- Utilize a trainer’s tool bag of practical tips and activities – a collection of best practices that you created during the training program
- For Agile coaches and Scrum trainers: Combine Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun and memorable learning experiences
What you will receive?
On successful completion of the course, you will receive the Training from the Back of the Practitioner Certificate. The certification will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate in training, learning and development capability.
You’ll leave this train-the-trainer event with a trainer’s tool bag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs.
You’ll also receive a 55-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: “Training from the BACK of the Room” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick”
Who is this course suitable for?
- Agile Coaches & Trainers
- Anyone who needs to engage an audience!
What about certification?
- On successful completion of the course, you will receive a digital Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner Certificate. There is no exam as the course is assessed by the instructor(s) during the course who will then provide the digital Certification afterwards.The certification will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate.Please note: in order to receive the Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner Certificate you must attend and complete both days of the course.
Olaf has a sharp creative mind and a positive mindset enabling him to find surprising and efficient solutions to challenges. He has a deep toolbox within agile methods, and is a very proficient in training, facilitation and coaching of teams and individuals in agile methods. With his warm and empathic attitude he is approachable, and people around naturally involve him in solving problems they cannot solve on their own. I can highly recommend Olaf as an asset in any team.Rune HansenAgile Coach and Trainer (SPC, RTE)